Job Title: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager position ensures that facility operations are safe and efficiently maintained in optimal operating condition. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager must understand and embrace Jamé Roll Forma Products values: integrity, excellence in all that we do, continuous improvement and stewardship.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and implement capital projects to improve environmental compliance requirements, safety, quality and overall operation and service levels to customers.
- Manages creation and improvement or equipment/processes that involve engineering personnel.
- Manage and/or develop and maintain systems to capture equipment performance and maintenance history. Analyze data to develop improvements that will limit downtime/maximize efficiencies.
- Develop and implement systems and procedures that increase Operating Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) through utilization of the eight pillars of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- Direct and monitor activities of the maintenance and engineering team. Support development and encourage engagement of all associates in accomplishing duties in accordance with plant objectives, safety, regulatory procedures/requirements.
- Manage stores of routine and critical parts/equipment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Five to ten years of demonstrated success in leading/managing others (matrix environment).
- Experience with project management for new production equipment and processes and facilities improvements.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information, regulatory compliance guidelines and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Working knowledge of programming and maintaining programmable logic controllers (PLC) programs and length control systems (AMS preferred).
- Troubleshoot electrical components with working knowledge of relay logic, controls logic, voltage knowledge and electrical schematics.
- Working knowledge in tooling and machine equipment fabrication.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with proven results and within allocated budgets.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to motivate staff and manage their performance.
- Good planning and decision making skills.
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills.
- Experience preparing budgets, bids and contracts.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Computer skills in software packages: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Cadkey, Solid Works and eMaint.
- Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish)